Home Town; Rjarhat, Kolkata; A Pantaloon's venture

Have you ever noticed a cobweb closely; if not, then do it at the first available chance. In cities or metros you may find little difficultieses to locate it but you know what it is for! Just a trap to entrap innocent insects laid by spiders for their feeds. Home Towns, Big Bazars, Future Shops are of same nature. They are just traps to allure gullible consumers to extract their purse for the feed of giant like Pantaloons.

They are in retail business for quite sometime now. With their Hifi ambience they impress middle class and sell what are most profitable for them. Quality is the last word and profit margin being the first; this is their key word. Tom, Dick and Harry may produce or manufacture anything; just rope in  them with lucrative precentage and manage to market their wortst products.  They all gain but consumers like you and me lose!

How? Here I share my recent experience. On 7th of this month (07/10/2012) I went to Home Town , Rajarhat , Kolkata to collect my grocery items. My wife is very fond of Mall's ambience and I like the parking space they provide. With many things we bought a pack of flour but the brand which we insist upon was not available. The store salesman suggested another, claiming it would be better than what we were seeking. It was ' Golden Harvest' flour or Atta. We bought it.

Back home , to our utter shock; we found the Golden Harves , Atta or floure is infested with pests! Immediatly I informed the matter over their toll free phone line. The person received the call denied at first their involvement. On insistance they agreed to replace the stuff on terms that I wo'nt publisize it. But the replacement never took place! So, I let you know what our Malls are; better avoid them and go to your neighborhood stores.

टिप्पणियाँ

इस ब्लॉग से लोकप्रिय पोस्ट

Had a Party last night?

At last I could talk to my Father !!

Durga Puja